Sexual Harassment: What Should I Do If My Boss Makes Unwanted Advances?

Remember, if you experience sexual harassment at work, you need to make sure to tell the person harassing you to stop. sexual harassment

If his or her actions continue, you need to report them to a supervisor, manager or human resource worker.

Unfortunately, many times, laws require a person that is being harassed to resolve issues within his or her company internally. If persistent sexual harassment continues after you have reported it, contact our employment lawyer, who can investigate your case.

In a story we blogged about recently, a former aide to Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar claimed that she was the victim of unwanted advances towards her during the course of her employment, which caused her to suffer a hostile work environment, because she refused the advances.

The former aide, Francine Godoy, claimed in a lawsuit that she had her reputation damaged and that she suffered wrongful termination due to her refusal to respond to the advances. The case was settled recently for an undisclosed sum.

Keep in mind, quid pro quo, or the request of an employee to perform sexual favors in exchange for employment-related benefits is illegal and considered a form of harassment.

How Can I File a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit?

If you are suffering unwanted advances at your workplace, call our sexual harassment attorneys, who can investigate your case and determine if you are entitled to damages. In addition, you may want to report your case to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

If you have experienced harassment at work that is sexual in nature, contact our attorneys immediately. You should not have to endure unwanted advances at work. This is unacceptable.

Kesluk, Silverstein & JacobLos Angeles employment attorneys